Figure Engineering has developed a new solution to on-demand spot checking for Hexavalent Chromium: HexChecks. Hex Checks are a SBIR derived product that provides a fast, efficient, and easy to use spot and surface testing method for Hexavalent Chromium.
Built to suit the needs of DoD maintenance, repair, and overhaul operations, Hex Checks are a designed to be carried everywhere and anywhere that Hex Chrome dust might travel.
HexChecks have been designed to provide visual confirmation of Hexavalent Chromium, turning a pink to purple color when meeting Hex Chrome. The darker the color, the higher the concentration.
HexChecks are being developed currently with three packaging options, a small pack that contains 10 testing kits, a large bulk package that contains up to 500 test kits, and the same bulk package that can be filled with 100-500 kits depending on the needs of an organization.
- Easy break and swipe testing for Hexavalent Chromium
- Disposable and one-use kits
- Visual Confirmation
- Visual How to Use Iconography on the Boxes
- Safer workstations
- Knowledge of problem areas
- Reduce likeliness of worker exposure
- Ensure Hex Chrome containment technologies are working
- Reduce OSHA citations
- Increase worker confidence